Ocala Heart Institute provides the highest standards of care for the diagnosis and treatment of the heart and vascular system, as well as the pulmonary system and other thoracic-related areas. Ocala Heart Institute strives to restore your vitality using state-of-the-art imaging, treatment modalities and minimally invasive procedures, such as the da Vinci® Surgical System for robotic heart surgery.
As a patient of Ocala Heart Institute, you and your family are top priority. We understand that educating you and your family regarding the cardiovascular and cardiothoracic conditions, surgical procedures and options are vital in managing your expectations as a patient.
A collaboration of more than twenty years ensures you will be in exceptionally qualified hands, which has earned Ocala Heart and Vascular Institute recognition as a “Top 100 Hospitals for Heart Care” by Thomson Reuters several years in a row. Ocala Heart Institute’s expert care is not limited to the heart, and includes lung, esophageal, vascular and pacemaker surgeries.
The staff in the cardiac intensive care unit for (Ocala Heart Institute) is, without a doubt, one of the most professional, careing group of people I have ever come into contact with.Donald, Ocala Heart Patient
- Aneurysm Repairs: Bulges in the aorta can grow and burst, requiring open abdominal surgery, but less invasive endovascular surgery is an option in some cases.
- Carotid Artery Surgery: Restoring proper blood flow to the brain, carotid artery surgery removes plaque and clot blockages from the veins.
- Coronary Bypass Surgery: When angioplasty is not an option, medicines and other medical therapy fail or the patient has multiple arteries or artery branches that have narrowed, coronary artery bypass grafting (CABG surgery) may be the best choice.
- Defibrillators: A device used to treat arrhythmias, implantable cardioverter defibrillators (ICDs) are similar to pacemakers, but also employ high-energy electrical pulses.
- Endarterectomy: Our team approach combines the skills of some of the best surgeons and anesthesiologists to give our patients a multifaceted approach to eliminating artery plaque.
- Heart Valve Surgery: When heart valves become diseased, repair or replacement is necessary. The rewards are great: shortness of breath and fatigue no longer control your activities and your life is prolonged.
- Lung Surgery: A procedure used for tumor/growth biopsy; removal of tissue damaged by emphysema, or cancer; injuries that cause the lung to collapse; infection; blood or blood clots; fluid buildup in the chest cavity.
- Maze Procedure: A delicate surgery requiring the expertise of highly trained, experienced surgeons, it controls irregular heartbeat by restoring the natural rhythm through a series of strategically placed scars that block stray electrical impulses.
- Minimally Invasive Valve Surgery: Minimally invasive valve surgery is more complex and demanding than standard heart surgery and is done through smaller incisions.
- Pacemakers: Implanted (usually just below the collarbone) to regulate heart rate and rhythm, it also treats fainting spells (syncope), congestive heart failure, and hypertrophic cardiomyopathy.
- Transcatheter Aortic Valve Implantation (TAVI): Currently it is only performed on patients that are too sick for standard aortic valve replacement, and it is only for aortic valves with aortic stenosis.
Ocala Heart Institute in Florida has some of the best heart doctors in the United States who perform more than 8,000 catheterizations, 2,000 open heart cases and 1,000 vascular and thoracic cases per year.